Wednesday, October 19, 2005

You Know You've Been to the Store Too Many Times When...

A funny thing for: October 18th, 2005

Technically this was from a week or so ago but it was funnier than anything that happened today so I'll bend the rules that don't exist.

I had a dream that I was watching TV and on it was some sort of sketch comedy show like Saturday Night Live. On the show they were doing a talk show starring Joan Rivers being played by Brittany Spears, but not very well. She wasn't doing an annoying voice or acting rude so I don't know how I knew she was playing her. The show's theme had something to do with confessions of celebrities and the guest changed a few times while the skit was going on. It started with Samuel L. Jackson, went through a few jobbers like Jimmy Fallon and wound up being Tommy Lee. There were some sexual questions or such but that's not important. I guess this was a trial run in dreamland since a little later in the night the show came back for more.

This time the guest was Jimmy Fallon but he was apparently supposed to be playing Justin Timberlake. The audience was very upset since they had been advertising that he was going to be there that night and most of them were fans that came hoping for a reunion. Jimmy's impersonation was about as good as Brittany's and interrupted with many giggles from him to a joke that only he could hear. The audience was very upset and refused to laugh at anything and began to start throwing things bringing the skit to an end.

* Please realize that I understand that I have not arrived at a funny part yet. Bear with me just a little longer. *

Later in the show they started the skit back up and the audience was quite vocal in their dissapproval until the guest was brought out and it actually was Justin Timberlake. I'm pretty sure the questions that were being asked were funny but I only remember one, the last one.

Brittany looked at the teleprompter and with a pained look on her face said, "What was Brittany's..." She looked to the side of the stage and a very mean looking producer gave her the slit throat and go on gestures. "favorite... sexual... position?"

Justin's quick response "Fetal."

The audience burst into laughter. Meanwhile Brittany was visibly embarrassed and even went so far as to do one of those Dave Letterman pulling on the tie gestures while saying "Yeah, I'm kind of thinking about taking that position right now."

I woke up at this point laughing since I had no idea where "Fetal" came from. I can only guess it was the result of the insane overexposure of magazine covers proclaiming how fat she was in her pregant state and of course the whole having a baby thing. I think there were some comments made about her being a sex fiend while pregnant as well so maybe I do know where it came from.

The thing is, none of these people even belong in my dreams, well most of these people and the other had no right being fully clothed. My apologies, to the father of her child, for not registering a mention in the dream or his name here. But really...

No comments: