Saturday, November 05, 2005

Get Firefox or AdSense

As the trained sleuth that you are you will no doubt notice that suddenly there are two new buttons in the column to the left.

One is for Google AdSense if you happen to desire unobtrusive contextual advertising on your own blog or web page. It is very easy to set up and to use. Don't expect to suddenly be rolling in it but the ads tend to be on topic (that is their main goal) so they don't annoy (that is my main goal).

The other is for Firefox with the Google Toolbar. I've been using Firefox since it was just a mutant offshoot of Mozilla. It is by far my favorite browser and I can recommend it with great gusto. I've been using the toolbar for a few weeks now and I really like the addition of a "Blog This" button. It makes it a bit easier to bring nifty stuff here. It also has the PageRank listing so you can see how a page is ranked in Google. It helps when trying to grow your site out of oblivion to find pages that are ranked higher than yours to link to or from. Plus it's just fun to check your pages rank against the bugger that just kicked you butt on Blog Explosion's Battle of the Blogs. Try it! TRY IT!

1 comment:

Matthew K. Petty said...

For just the briefest of moments this post was titled
"Get Firefox or AsSense"

I'm guessing Google doesn't like when you call the service ass ense so I fixed it.

It looked a bit funnier the other way but was not what I intended.